- After 8 years of Bush and Cheney, the Village is shocked, shocked! to witness an incidence of treaty enforcement.
- Forgive us our trespasses.
- It is not her responsibility to protect a privileged class by deciding who's a "real" Christian or not.
- The Dalai Lama is a feminist.
- Wealthy nations won't finance climate change adaptation and that's probably going to whack any chance at a good Copenhagen treaty before the G20 is done.
- The 2009 taser death toll stands at 36, as our police force militarizes.
- Our monopoly and theft-based healthcare system doesn't work very well at serving its ostensible purpose. Sen. Kent Conrad is surprised to learn this, having just started studying up on the issue.
- Not all Senators are similarly clueless. Al Franken, for example, knows the 4th amendment and he isn't afraid to use it.
- The morality of health care reform, part 4.
- If the Senate won't give us decent health care, we need to take drastic steps to lobby them.